Assessor - David L Rosebrook IAO email@example.com
Clerk - Deb MacEwan
Hours – Monday through Friday – 9am to 1pm. Wednesday 9am to 4pm.
The Assessor will be in Tuesday and Thursday 9am to 1pm, Wednesday 9am to 4pm.
All other hours will be covered by Assessment Clerk ~ Deb MacEwan.
To provide a fair and equitable assessment of each and every property within the Town of Bolton.
We have the following tools at our disposal – County tax maps, deeds of record, a geographic information system, sale records, up to date property inventories, photos and the NYS V4 computerized real property information and valuation system.
- # of parcels – 3658
- Total Assessment – $1,594,019,648
- Level of Assessment – 2014 is 100%
- School Districts within the borders of the town of Bolton ~ Bolton Central, Lake
- George Central and Warrensburg Central
Dates to Remember
- March 1 – Taxable Status Day (exemption filing deadline and status of completion or condition of real property)
- May 1 – Tentative Assessment Roll Filed Annually
- May 28 – Grievance Day, Meeting hours: 2 – 4 pm and 6 – 8 pm
- July 1 – Final Roll Filed annually and Valuation date
- AGED ~ must be 65 by 1st of March of year applying, annual income from all sources must be less than $32,400. and property must be the primary residence.
- BUSINESS INVESTMENT ~ for commercial property which is new construction or an addition or remodeling with a minimum investment of $10,000
- STAR ~ Basic means any age, income less than 500k.
- STAR ~ Enhanced means must be 65 during the year of allocation and income must be under $83,300 and property has to be the primary residence.
- VETERANS ~ Must have served in a Branch of the Armed Forces and have been honorably discharged. Wartime and Cold war periods apply. The property must be the primary residence. Copy of DD214 (Service Record) is necessary to process application.
Forms and publications for the above are in the assessor’s office or can be obtained at the NYS Office of Real Property Tax Services website www.tax.ny.gov/
For the latest filed assessment roll see the county website at www.warrencountyny.gov/RP under Departments see Real Property Tax Service.