Assessor – Christine Hayes firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk – Deb MacEwan
Hours – Monday-Friday – 9am to 1pm
- # of parcels – 3663
- Total Assessment – $1,608,508,4626
- Level of Assessment – 2017 is 93%
- School Districts within the borders of the town of Bolton ~ Bolton Central, Lake George Central and Warrensburg Central
Dates to Remember
- March 1 – Taxable Status Day (exemption filing deadline and status of completion or condition of real property)
- May 1 – Tentative Assessment Roll Filed Annually
- May 25, 2017 – Grievance Day, Meeting hours: 2 – 4 pm and 6 – 8 pm
- July 1 – Final Roll Filed annually and Valuation date
- AGED ~ must be 65 by 1st of March of year applying, annual income from all sources must be less than $32,400. and property must be the primary residence.
- BUSINESS INVESTMENT ~ for commercial property which is new construction or an addition or remodeling with a minimum investment of $10,000
- STAR ~ Basic means any age, income less than 500k. Must register with New York State.
- STAR ~ Enhanced means must be 65 during the year of allocation and income must be under $86,000 and property has to be the primary residence.
- VETERANS ~ Must have served in a Branch of the Armed Forces and have been honorably discharged. Wartime and Cold war periods apply. The property must be the primary residence. Copy of DD214 (Service Record) is necessary to process application.
Forms and publications for the above are in the assessor’s office or can be obtained at the NYS Office of Real Property Tax Services website www.tax.ny.gov/
For the latest filed assessment roll see the county website at www.warrencountyny.gov/RP under Departments see Real Property Tax Service.